AI Job Opportunities
Developer, Design and Development of Software Solutions
Bruno Kessler Foundation, Centre for Communication and Information Technology (ICT)
FBK is a private research institution devoted to excellence in research in numerous disciplines and designated to the role of keeping the Autonomous Province of Trento in the mainstream of European and international research. Each research area is assigned to a specific research center, of which there are seven total. Information regarding the research centers, their activities and production is available at www.fbk.eu/research-centers.
The Center for Communication and Information Technology is an international research center that conducts high level research activities impacting both the market and society, providing practical demonstration of the added value of research through the development of systems, experimental validations, industrial applications, and social initiatives. These goals place FBK-ICT in a unique position in the international scientific arena differing from universities, which are primarily devoted to theoretical development, and from applied research centers, which are mainly devoted to technology transfer. Within the High Impact Initiatives framework, the "Smart Community" (SC) goal is to create a community with effective services tailored to the citizens, by experiencing innovative ways of communication and collaborations between citizens and government. The application areas for SC include smart mobility, environment sustainability, on-line services, citizen participation and education. SC is currently involved in several research and innovation projects, in collaboration with other research units of FBK, as well as in product maturation and experimentation activities in the cities and territories of the Province of Trento.
The purpose of FBK's tenure track program is to offer excellent professionals the opportunity to pursue a transparent, formalized, structured career path aimed at strengthening those skills required to become a tenured technologist in the scope of a research organization, i.e. who will be granted a permanent position contract. FBK-ICT is recruiting for a developer in the design and development of software platforms and solutions for the Smart Cities and Communities.
Typical tasks will include:
- Design of new software components and systems and re-design of
- existing software components and systems
- Development, quality assurance and operation of the software
- Monitoring of novel technologies and evaluation of their
- suitability for adoption in software systems
- Bachelor in Computer Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent degrees)
- Solid background in technologies and middleware solutions for service integration (Enterprise Service Bus, SOAP and REST web services)
- Experience in development with the J2EE platform
- Experience in participation to research projects and collaboration with research teams
- Oral and written proficiency in English
- Team work attitude, good communication and relational skills
- Structured problem solving and planning skills
- Strong orientation toward professional growth
PREFERENCE shall be given to candidates
- Holding a M.Sc. in Computer Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent degrees)
- Having experience with the technologies adopted by the SC unit for the development of software platform:
- Spring Integration, OSGi, Maven, Hibernate
- JBoss and Tomcat containers
- SQL (MySQL, Postgress) and NOSQL databases (MongoDB)
- Having previous experience in development projects concerning smart cities and communities in general, and specifically the topic of smart and sustainable mobility.
Type of contract: Tenure Track position. The maximum duration of the contract is 3 years, if the final review of the Tenure Track is positive, the fixed-term contract will become permanent. Work time: full time 38h per week Number of positions: 1 Gross annual salary: between 33.000-36.000 euro per year (depending on the candidate’s profile) Benefits: flexi-time, company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities, accommodation, social security, etc., reductions on bank account opening fees, public transportation, sport, language courses fees. Start date: Autumn 2016 Place: Povo, Trento (Italy) Application deadline: 09 August 2016
Candidates must submit their application by completing the online form at https://hr.fbk.eu/en/jobs.
Please make sure to enclose the following documents with your application (pdf format): Detailed CV Cover Letter (it should explain the motivation to this specific position) Description of 2 projects, of your contributions in these projects, which you deem representative of your capabilities in the design and development of software solutions in a research context. Please read the Guidelines for selections and Tenure Track FAQ before completing your application. For further information or technical issues about the application, please contact the Human Resources Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It should be noted that this Tenure Track opening is in line with what stated by the Staff Program Plan 2016-2018, which was approved on the 15th of July by the Board. Based on the above and taking into account PAT resolutions, it is hereby specified that participation in this recruitment process is not subject to art. 4.2 of Recruitment Regulations. Candidates who will pass the preliminary curricula screening will be contacted shortly afterwards for an interview. Non selected applicants will be notified of their exclusion at the end of the selection process. Please note that FBK may contact shortlisted candidates within a period of 12 months for the selection process of similar vacancies. For transparency purposes, the name of the selected candidate, if he or she has accepted the position, will be published on the FBK website.