AAAI Member News
AI Magazine is delighted to announce the expansion of the Member News section to the web! Here we will publish short, significant, and noteworthy news events pertaining to our current members.
Submitted July 29, 2014
AAAI Congratulates the Incoming Officers and Councilors!
AAAI is pleased to announce and congratulate the incoming slate of officers and councilors for the AAAI Executive Council.
- President: Thomas G. Dietterich (Oregon State University, USA)
- Past President: Manuela Veloso (Carnegie Mellon University, USA)
- President-Elect: Subbarao Kambhampati (Arizona State University, USA)
- Secretary-Treasurer: Ted Senator (Leidos, USA)
- Incoming Councilors (through 2017)
- Sonia Chernova (Worcester Polytechnic Institute, USA)
- Vincent Conitzer (Duke University, USA)
- Boi Faltings (École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne, Suisse)
- Stephen Smith (Carnegie Mellon University, USA)
Submitted April 29, 2014
AAAI Congratulates Judea Pearl on his Election to NAS!
AAAI is delighted to announce that AAAI Fellow Judea Pearl, professor emeritus, Computer Science Department, University of California, Los Angeles has been elected to the National Academy of Sciences. Professor Pearl is among 84 new members and 21 foreign associates from 15 countries elected in recognition of their distinguished and continuing achievements in original research. The National Academy of Sciences is a private, nonprofit institution that was established under a congressional charter signed by President Abraham Lincoln in 1863. For more information, please see the National Academy of Sciences website.