AAAI 2013 Fall Symposium Series
Call for Participation
Sponsored by the Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence
The Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence is pleased to present the 2013 Fall Symposium Series, to be held Friday through Sunday, November 15–17, at the Westin Arlington Gateway in Arlington, Virginia. The titles of the seven symposia are as follows:
- Behavioral Web Analytics
- Discovery Informatics: AI Takes a Science-Centered View on Big Data
- How Should Intelligence be Abstracted in AI Research: MDPs, Symbolic Representations, Artificial Neural Networks, or — ?
- Integrated Cognition
- Opportunities and Perils for Computational Virtual Organizations
- Semantics for Big Data
- Social Networks and Social Contagion
An informal reception will be held on Friday, November 15. A general plenary session, in which the highlights of each symposium will be presented, will be held on Saturday, November 16.
Symposia will be limited to 40–75 participants each. Participation will be open to active participants as well as other interested individuals on a first-come, first-served basis. Each participant will be expected to attend a single symposium. AAAI technical reports will be distributed to participants in electronic format and posted in the AAAI Digital Library. Registration information will be available on the AAAI web site in July or August 2013.
To obtain registration information, write to the AAAI Fall Symposium Series:
- Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence
2275 East Bayshore Road
Palo Alto, California 94303
or e-mail us at email@example.com
Interested individuals should submit a paper or abstract by the deadline listed below. For AAAI formatting guidelines, download the AAAI Author Kit. Please submit your submissions directly to the individual symposium according to their directions. Do not mail submissions to AAAI.
- May 24, 2013: Submissions due to organizers
- June 21, 2013: Notifications of acceptance sent by organizers
- September 12, 2013: Accepted camera-ready copy due to AAAI
See the appropriate section in each symposium description for specific submission requirements.
Symposium Technical Reports
Some AAAI symposia are available as technical reports. For contents and ordering information, consult the Spring or Fall sections of the AAAI Press Technical Reports Catalog.