AAAI 2014 Fall Symposium Series
Sponsored by the Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence
November 13–15, 2014
Call for Participation
The Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence is pleased to present the 2014 Fall Symposium Series, to be held Thursday through Saturday, November 13–15, at the Westin Arlington Gateway in Arlington, Virginia adjacent to Washington, DC. The titles of the seven symposia are as follows:
- Artificial Intelligence for Human-Robot Interaction
- Energy Market Prediction
- Expanding the Boundaries of Health Informatics Using AI (HIAI'14): Making Personalized and Participatory Medicine A Reality
- Knowledge, Skill, and Behavior Transfer in Autonomous Robots
- Modeling Changing Perspectives: Reconceptualizing Sensorimotor Experiences
- Natural Language Access to Big Data
- The Nature of Humans and Machines: A Multidisciplinary Discourse
- Plan Activity and Intent Recognition
An informal reception will be held on Thursday, November 13. A general plenary session, in which the highlights of each symposium will be presented, will be held on Friday, November 14.
Symposia will be limited to 40–75 participants each. Participation will be open to active participants as well as other interested individuals on a first-come, first-served basis. Each participant will be expected to attend a single symposium. AAAI technical reports will be distributed to participants in electronic format and posted in the AAAI Digital Library. Registration information will be available on the AAAI web site in July/August 2014.
To obtain registration information, write to:
AAAI Fall Symposium Series
2275 East Bayshore Road, Suite 160
Palo Alto, California 94303
Interested individuals should submit a paper or abstract by the deadline listed below. For AAAI formatting guidelines, please consult the AAAI Author Kit. Please submit your submissions directly to the individual symposium according to their directions. Do not mail submissions to AAAI.
- June 13, 2014: Submissions due to organizers
- July 11, 2014: Notifications of acceptance sent by organizers
- September 10, 2014: Accepted camera-ready copy due to AAAI
See the appropriate section in each symposium description for specific submission requirements.
Symposium Technical Reports
Some AAAI symposia are available as technical reports. For contents and ordering information, consult the Spring or Fall sections of the AAAI Press Technical Reports Catalog.